Our Travel Guide to Austin!
OUTDOORS: Lady Bird Lake - Paddle Board and Kayak Rentals for from Waller Creek BoathouseZilker Park & Zilker Botanical GardenBarton SpringsCovert Park at Mount BonnellLady Bird Lake HikesSouth Congress: Take uber or park next to South Congress Hotel. Has many restaurants, quirky shops, Allen’s Boots (a must!!), some nice bars (The South Congress Hotel is nice) and a real Austin vibe. MUSIC:
- Lot’s of live music all around Austin. Check Austin 360 to see who is playing : http://www.austin360.com/music/- Stubbs - Mohawk - Parish - Antone's - The Continental Club SHOPPING: The Domain: 15 minute drive from Downtown. A very nice shopping village with plenty of restaurants, bars, and all the stores you need e.g. Macy’s, Apple, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and more http://www.simon.com/mall/the-domain Second Street District | http://www.2ndstreetdistrict.com South Congress | Ask Uber to drop you at BigTop Candy Shop. RESTAURANTS DOWNTOWN:
Food Trucks | Austin is famous for its food truck culture. Food trucks can be found spread all over Austin. Voodoo Donuts | Famous for its crazy and quirky donuts. Located on 6th Street. Fareground Austin | Austin’s first food hall. Has a bunch of nice restaurants and a bar, all at a good price. Highly recommend! Located on Congress Avenue and 2nd Street. | https://austin.eater.com/2018/1/17/16899346/fareground-food-hall-guide-where-to-eat-austin-photos-dai-due-contigo-emmer-rye-easy-tiger Lamberts | Upscale BBQ located Downtown | http://www.lamber tsaustin.com/
Cooper’s Old Time Pit BBQ | Casual BBQ joint located downtown | http://coopersbbqaustin.com/ La Condesa | Mexican | https://lacondesa.com/austinFranklin BBQ | Famous BBQ Restaurant. Lines start to form in the morning and it closes when the food has sold out, typically by 3pm. | https://franklinbbq.com/ Second Bar & Kitchen | American | Farm to table http://congressaustin.com/second/ Parkside | American | Farm to Table http://parkside-austin.com/ Backspace| Italian & Pizza | Right next to Parkside and great wood fire oven food http://thebackspace-austin.com/ Easy Tiger | Sausages, beer & bakery. Wonderful bakery and coffee in the morning. | http://easytigeraustin.com/ Swifts Attic | American | Retro | Small Plates http://swiftsattic.com/ Stubbs BBQ | http://www.stubbsbbq.com/ RESTAURANTS OUTSIDE OF DOWNTOWN:Torchy’s Tacos | Great inexpensive tacos. Located on South Congress Ave. Launderette | Upscale American | Great Brunch https://launderetteaustin.com/Josephine House | http://josephineofaustin.com/Jacoby's | Southern| http://www.jacobysaustin.com/Uchi | Sushi | https://uchiaustin.com/
BARS: Rainey Street - Must do!! A street lined with many funky bars and little eateries. Popular area for bars and happy hour. 5 minute walk from convention center. http://www.raineystbars.com/ 6th Street | lined with bars and live music. Similar to Bourbon Street of New Orleans, or Beale Street in Memphis.
Congress Avenue | Bars and restaurants all up and down the street. Speakeasy | Live music & rooftop lounge | 412 Congress Ave. The Market | 319 Colorado St, DowntownHanger Lounge | vintage-airport-themed hangout with DJs & buzzy rooftop lounge | 318 Colorado St, DowntownSeersucker | upscale American comfort food pairs with cool cocktails in high-end Western digs. | 415 Colorado St, Downtown The Driskill Hotel Bar | Very grand and old Texas. | 604 Brazos Street, Downtown.
The Intercontinental Hotel Bar | Located on 2nd level of hotel, 701 Congress Ave.
Upstairs at Caroline | 2nd floor of The Aloft Hotel Downtown
Best information found on this article: https://austin.eater.com/maps/best-austin-breweries-taprooms-tours
Best information found on this article: https://austin.eater.com/maps/best-brunch-austin-restaurants-heatmap CULTURE: - The Blanton Museum http://www.blantonmuseum.org/ - Bullock Museum http://www.thestor yoftexas.com/- LBJ Presidential Library - Umlauf Sculpture Garden https://www.umlaufsculpture.org/ - Zilker Botanical Garden http://www.zilkergarden.org/ - LBJ Wildflower Center https://www.wildflower.org/ - Graffiti Park at Castle Hills https://www.facebook.com/CastleHillATX/ - Hope Outdoor Gallery http://hopecampaign.org/hopeprojects/hope-outdoor-gallery/ EXCURSIONS OUTSIDE OF AUSTIN:
The Oasis on Lake Travis - MUST DO!!
Magnolia Market at The Silos | Home of Chip and Joanna Gaines HGTV show ‘Fixer Upper | Waco, Texas
JOSH & MADDIE’S TOP PICKS:
- Stroll around Downtown going up and down Congress Ave, and from 1st to 6th streets à especially nice at night with fairy lights in trees.
- Grab a bite at the new Fareground Austin Food Hall.
- Check out Rainey Street à bar hop while you’re at it and check out the many funky bars.
- Grab a beer and pizza at The ABGB Brewery à The pizza is AMAZING!!
- Take a walk around Zilker Park and check out Barton Springs à beautiful nature & a famous Austin swimming hole.
- Bike/walk/run around Lady Bird Lake. Can access from city side or from South Congress/Zilker park side.
- Must go to The Oasis at Lake Travis à grab a margarita and take in the beautiful views.
- Stroll up and down South Congress Avenue à grab a bite to eat at Torchy’s Tacos, check out Allen’s Boots, reenergize with a coffee from Tom’s Café, then relax with a drink at the South Congress Hotel.
- Enjoy some Texas BBQ at one of the many BBQ joints.
- Grab a quirky donut from Voo Doo Donuts.